Resources for people involved in a school violence restraining order case

Legal resources

  • Find your court

    Find information about where you can file or respond.

  • Find a Self-Help Center

    Get legal information and help with your forms.

  • Find an attorney

    Find an attorney who can give you advice or represent you in court.

  • Find a mediator

    If it's safe, you can try resolving your case with the help of a mediator, a neutral person who is trained to help people resolve disputes. You do not have to participate in mediation, but if you do and aren't able to reach an agreement, you can still go to court and have a judge make a decision. Your court may offer mediation. Check your court's website for more information.

Domestic violence, sexual abuse, and stalking resources

Turn in firearms

  • California Sheriffs offices

    Find the local Sheriff's office in your county to turn in firearms. You can also turn them in to local law enforcement.

Resources for victims of crime

Mental health support

For mental health crisis support, text NAMI to 741-741 to chat 24/7

Call 1-800-950-6264 Monday-Friday 7am - 5pm PST 

success alert banner:

Have a question about School Violence Restraining Order?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.