Conservatorships | Legal and social service resources

Legal help and resources

  • Court Self-Help Centers

    Each court has a Self-Help Center that offers free legal information. Some offer help with conservatorships. If they don't they may know local programs that do. Find out from your local court what type of services they offer.

  • LawHelpCA

    Offers a lookup tool to help find legal aid offices, lawyer referral services, and other free and low-cost services in your county. 

  • County Law Library

    Law librarians offer legal resources for people who don't have a lawyer. Many libraries offer free self-help programs. You can also ask a law library a question in Live Chat.

  • Lawyer Referral Service

    Directory of lawyer referral services throughout California

Government services

  • Department of Developmental Services 

    Oversees the coordination and deliver of services to California living with developmental disabilities.

  • Regional Centers

    Regional centers are nonprofit corporations that have contracts with the California Department of Developmental Services to serve people with developmental disabilities.

  • Adult Protective Services (APS)

    County APS agencies investigate reports of abuse of elders and dependent adults who live in private homes, apartments, hotels or hospitals.

  • Social Security Payee

    Statewide information about types of financial assistance during COVID-19

success alert banner:

Have a question about Conservatorship?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.