Court Interpreters Complaints - Korean

Chinese (Simplified) | Chinese (Traditional) | Farsi | Korean | Russian | Spanish | Tagalog | Vietnamese

Filing a Complaint with the Court Interpreters Program About a California Court Interpreter



You may file a complaint regarding a specific California court interpreter if you believe a certified or registered interpreter:

  • Violated Rule of Court 2.890, Professional conduct for interpreters
  • Is unable to interpret competently in English and/or in the language being interpreted
  • Committed acts of wrongdoing or behaved unethically

To file a complaint directly with the Judicial Council regarding a specific court interpreter, please follow the instructions below.

NOTE: If your complaint is regarding a court’s failure to provide interpreter services or general complaints about court staff, bench officers, or local documents and translations provided by a court, please file your complaint directly with the court by submitting a Language Access Services Complaint Form or by visiting the court’s website to print out its complaint form.

If you need help finding your local court, go to the Find My Court page. If you cannot find the court’s language access services complaint form online, please contact:, and we will contact the court to help you find appropriate information on how to submit a language access complaint with the court.


Court Interpreters Program
Judicial Council of California
455 Golden Gate Avenue
San Francisco, CA 94102

Note: If the alleged misconduct by a California court interpreter occurred in a location other than a state court (for example, in a deposition, immigration hearing, attorney’s office, federal court), please submit the complaint form directly to the Judicial Council’s Court Interpreters Program at

Notification of receipt and next steps: Upon receipt, the Judicial Council’s Court Interpreters Program will acknowledge receipt of your complaint. Your complaint will be reviewed and evaluated, and then you will be notified within 45 days of action to be taken.

If you have any questions, please contact us at

success alert banner:

Have a question about Language access?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.