Finish your divorce when you have a written agreement

To finish your divorce or legal separation, you must turn in a set of final forms along with your written agreement to the court. These forms let the court know, you and your spouse:

  • Completed the disclosure requirements 

  • Agree on what child custody and support orders you want, and how to divide your property

  • Want your divorce finalized 

How to prepare forms to finish your divorce

  • Check if you’re ready to submit the judgment papers

    You can submit the papers if you and your spouse both: 

    • Signed an agreement  

    • Paid your first filing fee or have a fee waiver 

    • Filed your preliminary Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-141)  

    If you haven’t filed any of these forms or paid the fees, you can take care of these steps when you submit your final forms. If you don’t, the court won’t be able to process your final judgment forms.  

  • Fill out forms

    • Appearance, Stipulations, and Waivers (form FL-130)

      You and your spouse must sign the form. It tells the court that your spouse is taking part in the case (if they didn’t already file a response), that you agree about how to resolve your divorce, and will waive your rights, like a right to a trial, so that the court can accept your agreement.

    • Declaration for Default or Uncontested Dissolution or Legal Separation (form FL-170)

      This form tells the court that you meet the requirements for the court to decide your case based on your agreement (called uncontested). Follow the instructions on the form, you may need to attach other forms to this form.

    • Judgment (form FL-180

      This is the final court order to get a divorce.  Attach your signed agreement to this form.

    • Notice of Rights and Responsibilities (form FL-192)

      Attach this to your Judgment. This lets you and the other parent know about how to ask the other parent to help pay for any of your child's healthcare costs not covered by insurance and how to ask to change a child support order.

    • Child Support Case Registry Form (form FL-191)

      Do not attach the Child Support Case Registry Form to your judgment. Submit it along with everything, if you haven't turned one in before.

    • Income Withholding for Support (form FL-195)

      This form is optional. Complete it if child support will be taken directly from the other parent's paycheck. Do not attach this to your Judgment.

    • Notice of Entry of Judgment (form FL-190)

      The court will mail this form back to you after the judge has signed the judgment. It’s the official notice from the court that your divorce or legal separation is final. If you asked for a divorce, it will state the day your marriage or domestic partnership officially ends.

  • Waive or complete final declarations of disclosure

    These should be done before or when you reach an agreement about property or support.

    • If you're waiving Final Disclosures

      Fill out: 

      Stipulation and Waiver of Final Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-144).  

      You and your spouse sign this form. It tells the court you are waiving final declarations.

    • If you completed Final Disclosures
      Follow the steps you did for the preliminary declarations. But, on the Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-140) and Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-141) check the boxes that say final and not preliminary.
  • Go over judgment checklist

    •  Judgment Checklist - Dissolution/Legal Separation (form FL-182)

    The checklist has all the forms a court may require for you to complete your divorce. Some of these are listed as optional forms. 

    Contact your court clerk’s office, check your court’s website, or talk to your Family Law Facilitator or Self-Help Center to find out if they require any optional forms and check how many envelopes you need to provide when you turn in your forms.

    Find a self help center

Finish your divorce

What's next?

Once you complete your judgment paperwork, you need to make copies and submit it to the court with envelopes.

success alert banner:

Have a question about Divorce?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.