File proof you shared financial information

Now that you’ve completed your preliminary disclosures, you need to let the court know. You do this by filling out a form that says you met that requirement. You then file the form with the court.

How to file proof of completed disclosures

  • Fill out a form

    Fill out Declaration Regarding Service of Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-141).

    This form tells the court you sent the required disclosures. Make two copies of this form.

    If you don't plan to file a Response, but you and your spouse or domestic partner have an agreement, you must share your financial information. But, you may be able to use a different form, the Stipulation and Waiver of Final Declaration of Disclosure (form FL-144), to prove that you shared the information. You sign the form, but your spouse can file it. Check with your court's Self-Help Center.
  • Take your forms to the court clerk

    Go to the same courthouse where you filed your initial divorce papers.

    At the courthouse, file the form by giving the original and the 2 copies to the clerk. The clerk will stamp the form. The court will keep the original and return the copies to you. One is for you, the other for your spouse.

    Yes, you can file by mail. Mail the original and 2 copies to the clerk. You need to include the filing fee and a self-addressed stamped envelope so the clerk can mail your copies back to you. If you do not include a self-addressed stamped envelope you will have to go to the courthouse to pick up your copies. 

    Some courts allow online filing. You can find out if your court has online filing by visiting your court’s website. 

Once you've completed your preliminary financial disclosures, shared them with your spouse or domestic partner, and filed proof with the court, you've completed the second part of the divorce or legal separation process.

Share financial information

What's next?

Once you've shared financial information, you're ready to move on to the next part your case: making decisions.


If you are getting a divorce or legal separation by default (your spouse did not respond and you don't have an agreement) then you can skip this part and move directly to finalize your divorce.

success alert banner:

Have a question about Divorce?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.