Petition for Writ Of Habeas Corpus—Penal Commitment (Mental Health) (HC-003)

If you are being held in a treatment facility as part of criminal case, ask the court for a writ of habeas corpus (a court order telling the facility director to bring you to the court and show a legal reason for holding you) to challenge your being held in the facility or limits on your rights. Can also ask the court to order that you be released, that limits on your rights be ended, or that you be given other relief.

Effective: September 1, 2018