Start a case for child custody and support

The process for requesting child custody and support

If you and your child's other parent are the legal parent of a child, you can start a court case to get child custody, visitation (parenting time), and support orders. If you need a judge to make temporary orders, you can file papers to ask for a court date where a judge can make orders regarding the custody and support of your child.


Select any step to get instructions and forms