What do these papers mean?

Workplace Violence Restraining Order (WV-109, WV-100, WV-110)

If you received any of these forms, someone asked for a restraining order against you:

A restraining order would limit your contact with the employees who the employer is asking to be protected, and could stop you from being able to go to their workplace. A restraining order could also impact your life in other ways, including preventing you from having guns and ammunition.

You have a court date where a judge will decide if they will grant the restraining order, which can last up to 3 years.

Highlight of Form WV-109 showing Notice of Hearing

When do I go to court?

Notice of Court Hearing (form WV-109)

This form tells you when you need to go to court. You have a court hearing (court date) because the employer listed in item 1 has asked for a restraining order against you. If you do not agree to having a restraining order against you, you must go to court on your hearing date and tell the judge why you do not agree.  

Look at item 4 on this form to see the date, time, and location for your court hearing. 

If you don’t go to your court hearing, the judge can grant a restraining order against you that can last up to three years. 

What is the other side asking for?

Petition for Workplace Violence Orders (form WV-100)

On form WV-100, the other side checked every order they want the judge to make (items 9-17). If you disagree with any of the orders, you must go to your court date and tell the judge why you do not agree. You may also tell the court in writing before the hearing date. 

Has the judge made any temporary orders against me?

Temporary Restraining Order (form WV-110)

This form tells you that the judge made temporary orders against you. Look through it carefully and follow all the orders. If you violate any of the orders you could be fined, arrested, sent to jail, or be charged with a crime. If you own any guns or ammunition, see below under "Do I need to complete any papers?" for what you need to do to comply with the judge's orders.

Do I need to complete any papers?

If there's a Temporary Restraining Order, you need to turn in a form saying what you did with your guns and firearms

If there is a temporary restraining order against you (see form WV-110), then you must turn in, sell, or store any guns or firearms you have or own. Learn more on how to comply.

If you do not comply, you could be arrested and charged with a state or federal crime.

Tell the judge your side of the story, in writing

While you wait for your court date, you also have the option of agreeing to the orders requested or explaining why you disagree with them. If you need help, you can go to your local Self-Help Center.