Keep a copy on you at all times
You should have a copy of form CH-130 with you at all times. If you have a phone, use your phone to take a picture of all the pages so you always have proof of it.
Give copies of the order to other people who may need it
If you want other people to know about your restraining order and help you enforce it, give them a copy. Here are some examples:
- Your employer, if you are worried about being harassed or abused at work.
- Your child's school or childcare, if your restraining order protects your child.
- Local Police Department: You can give a paper copy to your local police department. This is optional because all law enforcement have access to restraining orders through a law enforcement database.
Find help or resources for sexual assault or stalking
There are resources to help you if you've experienced sexual assault or stalking.
For information and help with safety planning, contact:
- The National Sexual Assault Hotline to chat online or call 1-800-656-HOPE (4673). The hotline is available 24/7.
- The Stalking Hotline to chat online, or call or text 1-855-484-2846. The hotline is available Monday-Friday 6am - 2pm.
Get help if your restraining order is violated
Call 9-1-1 if you want the police to enforce your restraining order.