Adult name match gender


Change your name to match your gender identity

In California, you can ask for a court order to change your legal name to make it match your gender identity. To do this, you file a petition with the court and get a decree (order) with your new name. The process generally takes up to 2 months.


Choose any part of the process below to get step-by-step instructions.