Name change index

Find a specific page or step-by-step instructions within our Name Change case information.

Name change basics

For Adults

For children (under 18) with both parents signing the request

For children (under 18) with one parent signing the request

Parent who is responding (being served with court papers)


For guardians

Change a child's name only

Change a child's name to match their gender identity

Recognize gender change (with or without a change of name)


success alert banner:

Have a question about Case Intro?

Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.