Finish your parentage case when you have an agreement

To finish your parentage case, you must turn in a set of final forms along with your written agreement to the court. 

Before you start

Check that you are ready to finish the case

  • The other person filed a Response (if not, finish your case a different way)

  • You and the other parent have an agreement (you can use the forms below to write out the details)

  • You will both sign an agreement (stipulation) that you are both the legal parents

You both need to read and sign an Advisement of Waiver of Rights. The judge can't accept your agreement unless you sign this form stating that you understand. Then you will need to sign a Stipulation and complete the paperwork to finish your case (a judgment). 

How to prepare forms to finish your parentage case

  • Fill out judgment forms

    • Declaration for Default or Uncontested Judgment (form FL-230)

      This explains what orders you want the judge to make in the final judgment. The parent submitting the agreement will sign the form.

    • Stipulation for Entry of Judgment re: Determination of Parental Relationship (form FL-240)

      This tells the judge that you and the other parent are agreeing and that you want your agreement to become a court order. Both parents must sign this form.

    • Advisement and Waiver of Rights re: Determination of Parental Relationship (form FL-235)

      Each parent must sign one of these forms. Attach them to your Stipulation, form FL-240.

    • Appearances, Stipulations, and Waivers (form FL-130)

      This tells the judge you have reached an agreement and don't need a trial. Both parents must sign this form.

    • Judgment (Uniform Parentage — Custody and Support) (form FL-250)

      This is the final court order to establish parentage. If you’re asking the court to make any orders about child custody or support, you will need to attach more forms to this.

    • Notice of Entry of Judgment (Family Law — Uniform Parentage — Custody and Support) (form FL-190)

      The court will mail this form back to you after the judge has signed the judgment. It’s the official notice from the court that tells you the case is complete.

    If the local child support agency is involved in your case, 

    the agency must approve and sign-off on any child support agreement you have. If you used Form FL-350, there's a place on page 2 for a lawyer from the agency to sign.
  • Fill out child custody and child support forms

    For child custody and visitation (parenting time)

    If you have a child custody and visitation order, attach that to the Judgment.

    If you don't have an order, fill out and attach:

    • Child Custody and Visitation (Parenting Time) Order Attachment (form FL-341)

    This tells the court how you want custody and visitation (parentage time) handled.

    For child support

    If you have a child support order, attach the order to your Judgment.

    If you don't have a child support order, fill out and attach:

    • Child Support Information and Order Attachment (form FL-342)

    This tells the court how you want child support handled.

      You must attach:

      This lets you and the other parent know about how to ask the other parent to help pay for any of your child's healthcare costs not covered by insurance and how to ask to change a child support order.

      Also, submit:

      Do not attach the Child Support Case Registry Form to your judgment. Submit it along with everything, if you haven't turned one in before.

      If you want child support to be paid directly from the other parent's paycheck, also submit:

    • Get help reviewing your forms

      Contact your court clerk’s office, check your court’s website, or talk to your Family Law Facilitator or Self-Help Center to find out if they require any optional forms and check how many envelopes you need to provide when you turn in your forms.

      Find a self help center
    success alert banner:

    Have a question about Parentage?

    Look for a "Chat Now" button in the right bottom corner of your screen. If you don’t see it, disable any pop-up/ad blockers on your browser.